Section 1 - Introduction
Section 2 - Who We Are
Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to give you as a 'data controller':
Our site address is www.beautifulbritishdesigns.com
Our company name is Beautiful British Designs
Our registered address is 4 Rossiters Hill, Frome BA11 4AL
Our nominated representative is Janet O’Brien
Section 3 - What we may Collection
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
Section 4 - How we use your data
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you
- Carry out our contracts & services with you
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to
- Tell you our charges
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let other people do this, and we (or they) may contact you.
- If you complete our Further Information Form we will forward your details on to the Designers you requested to receive information from so they are able to contact you.
- Beautiful British Designs works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- If you don't want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen.
Section 5 - Where we Store your Data
Beautiful British Designs are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Section 6 - Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
Section 7 - Your rights
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. We can charge you a fee (currently £10) for this service.
Section 8 - Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
Section 10 - Changes
Secion 11 - Cookies Policy
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.